2017-2018 RULES & REGULATIONS
SAFETY IS TOP PRIORITY!! All boats must be operated safely at all times. ALL BOAT CAPTAIN’S & STUDENT ANGLERS MUST BE SEATED AND WEARING A US COAST GUARD APPROVED PFD WHILE THE COMBUSTION ENGINE IS RUNNING.
2. Student Anglers are allowed to assist with launching and loading of the boat in the immediate ramp area. Life Jackets must be on and fully secured. NO ROAMIMG OF OPEN WATER IN BOAT ALLOWED BY STUDENT ANGLERS.
A ALL boat’s MUST have working navigation lights & emergency ignition shut off device and MUST be secured to the driver/captain’s body before it will be launched.
AL ALL Boats must be covered by current liability insurance per B.A.S.S. REQUIRMENTS.
DURING THE OFFICIAL PRACTICE AND COMPETITION DAYS OF ANY B.A.S.S. TOURNAMENT, NO COMPETITOR OR BOAT CAPTAIN MAY OPERATE A BOAT UNLESS THAT COMPETITOR OR BOAT CAPTAIN HAS DOCUMENTED PROOF OF A MINIMUM OF $300,000 PER OCCURRENCE BOAT OWNERS LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERING THE BOAT BEING USED IN THE TOURNAMENT. PROOF OF INSURANCE MUST BE WITH THE BOAT BEING USED AND MUST COVER ALL PASSENGERS IN THAT BOAT. RANDOM CHECKS WILL BE CONDUCTED AND ANY COMPETITOR WHO DOES NOT HAVE PROOF OF INFORCE INSURANCE WITH $300,000 COVERAGE MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. EACH POLICY MUST SHOW AN EFFECTIVE START AND EXPIRATION DATE. Tournament officials have sole authority to determine if insurance policies meet B.A.S.S., LLC requirements...
Jon boats, Tiller Handle Engines and Stick steering are NOT allowed.
VIOLATORS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
2. ALL B.A.S.S., TBF & SCDNR fishing rules and regulations apply during tournaments, including fishing license and boating regulations.
3. BOAT CAPTAIN age 18 & over REQUIRED. Boat Captains are expected to help carry out the mission of the Lower State Tournament Trail. In doing this, they should model cooperation, honor, integrity, perseverance, and honesty. Any boat captain who fails to promote these ideals may be removed from the Tournament Trail by the executive committee.
BOAT CAPTIANS CAN NOT FISH! The Boat Captain MUST remain in the boat at all times during the tournament. Boat Captain can run trolling motor and help net fish if he chooses to do so. Boat Captain can assist with back lash removal but MUST be sitting down. IF Boat Captain is caught fishing or standing with a rod in hand, team will be DISQUALIFIED.
3. PARTICIPATION & ELIGIBILITY - Participation is open to all 6th – 12th grade Middle/High School Students with an ACTIVE B.A.S.S. HIGH SCHOOL MEMBERSHIP. TBF MEMBERSHIP IS OPTIONAL. Student Anglers MUST compete as a team consisting of (2) Student Anglers & (1) Boat Captain. Each team is allowed to fish solo ONCE per tournament season and will be awarded team points. ALL other solo tournaments will result in last place points.
(NO STUDENT ANGLER WILL BE ALLOWED TO FISH THE TRAIL CHAMPIONSHIP OR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP SOLO.)
REGISTERATION & WAIVER FORM REQUIRED PER TOURNAMENT. NO EXCEPTIONS
5. Tournaments consist of a 5 fish per limit, 14” length, UNLESS otherwise stated. Teams MUST not possess more than 5 fish at any time during the tournament. Extra fish MUST be culled immediately on the water. An Official Tournament Trail Length Ruler will be furnished for teams to courtesy check at the holding tanks & at the sink before the scales. ALL UNDERSIZE FISH WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND THE TEAM WILL BE GIVEN A 1 POUND PENALTY PER FISH.
6. ALL boats MUST be equipped with a properly working live well with aeration in effort to keep fish alive till released after weigh-in
7. Dead fish CAN NOT be culled and MUST be kept & weighed in as part of the 5 fish limit. A 1/2 pound penalty for each dead fish will be assessed off the total weight.
8. All fish must be caught on artificial lures, and anglers may only use one rod at a time. Trolling is not permitted.
9. OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT TIME: 7AM or Safe Light – 3PM
***MANDATORY RULES/SAFETY MEETING, PRAYER & NATIONAL ANTHEM BEFORE BLAST-OFF***
***NO TRAILERING of boats to weigh in UNLESS prior arrangements made***
a. Early tournament registration is 14 DAYS prior to the date of the event & HIGHLY recommended as launch sequence will be determined by returned registration forms.
REGISTERATION & WAIVER FORM REQUIRED PER TOURNAMENT. NO EXCEPTIONS
b. Teams will be issued a numbered float during launch morning of the tournament; the float MUST be turned in.
c. Boats late to check-in will be assessed a penalty of 1 pound per minute after the designated check in time. AFTER 15 minutes, DISQUALIFIED!
d. NO EARLY WEIGH-IN & Tournament rankings will be based on total team weight.
10. Violation of a tournament rule by either team member may result in weight loss, the loss of weight up to a particular time in the tournament day (eligible for a restart), loss of weight for the entire day, disqualification for the entire tournament or, in an extreme circumstance, ineligibility to participate in future events. If a team is disqualified from a tournament their weight will be recorded as 0 lb. However they will still receive tournament points as if they had just caught no fish. If the director feels that their violation was a willful attempt to gain an unfair advantage or to intentionally cheat, then the director has the right to refuse entry from that team or team members in the future and will inform all members of the situation.
11. Any interpretation, questions or concerns regarding these rules should be brought to the attention SC Lower State Tournament Trail Executive Director, Tony Gray. All decisions by the Executive Director & Staff are FINAL!
12. By signing the Official Entry Form, I hereby release SC LOWER STATE TOURNAMENT TRAIL, its officers, sponsors, hosts, employees and anyone working in association with them from any damages, injuries, or death that may occur as a result of competing in these events, whether by negligence of the said parties or otherwise to the fullest extent of the law.
13. If an emergency occurs, the captain or an angler should call 911 first, and then notify the Executive Tournament Director, Tony Gray @ 803-534-1720.
CELL PHONE POLICY
CELL PHONE USE BY STUDENT ANGLERS IS HIGHLY DISCOURAGED DURING SCHEDULED TOURNAMENT TIME. THIS RULE IS AT THE DESCREATION OF THE BOAT CAPTAIN.
BOAT CAPTAINS CAN USE HIS/HER PHONE DURING SCHEDULED TOURNAMENT, HOWEVER, CALLING/TEXTING OTHER BOAT CAPTAINS IS PROHIBITTED.
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, CELL PHONE’S MAY BE USED ACCORDINGLY.
Tournament Operation & Officials:
Tournament equipment, such as Scales, PA system, Weigh in tanks, etc. will be provided.
Tournaments will be operated by SC LOWER STATE TOURNAMENT Trail Executive Director & Staff.
Tony Gray Contact info: Cell: 803-534-1720 Email: SCTOURNAMENTTRAIL@AOL.COM
Jeremey Trussell Contact Info: Cell 843-687-5399 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
George Brittle Contact Info: Cell 843-607-7146 Email: email@example.com
Rayburn Poston Contact Info: Cell 843-902-4274 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL reserved money at season end will be used to help those teams advancing to the B.A.S.S. & TBF National Championships.
A 250 point system will be used for each tournament.
1st place will be awarded 250 points, 2nd place 249 points, 3rd place 248 points, on so on for teams who weigh in fish. There will be a 10 point separation for teams participating but do not weigh in any fish.
Total 2017-2018 Tournament season weight breaks Championship points
Total Tournament weight breaks BIG FISH tie
BIG FISH breaks tournament weight tie
Earliest registration breaks total Tournament & BIG FISH tie IF last resort.
Tournament / Trail Trophies:
Team Trophies awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & BIG FISH at all tournaments.
Director’s Award- Award by the Executive Director to anyone who excels above and beyond to help the success of SC Lower State Tournament Trail and SC High School Bass Fishing.
First Lady Award – Awarded to highest points ranking female fishing the trail
Champion’s Trophy – Awarded to the Trail Point Champions.
Championship School Trophy – Awarded to the Championship Team’s School.
At the Executive Director’s discretion, boat marshals may be used in the top 3-5 point’s positions.
**Information in this package is subject to change and/or review. Any changes will be made publicly known**